"TF2 player count dropping is proof that this decision was a mistake. The player experience was not improved by any significant amount from this change." Player counts havent dropped any the player experience is sinificantly improved by not getting into servers full of ads and pay 2 win modifications.

"It was already proved the community experience is superior to Valve servers."
No its not.

------ Original Message ------
From: "Robert Paulson" <thepauls...@gmail.com>
Sent: 26-2-2014 22:27:57
Subject: Re: [hlds] Petitioning Valve TF2 Development

How are we responsible for communities like bets.tf using redirect exploits? We do not have any influence over these people. Valve is punishing the majority of us who did nothing wrong.

TF2 player count dropping is proof that this decision was a mistake. The player experience was not improved by any significant amount from this change.

It was already proved the community experience is superior to Valve servers. There wasn't an official server in the top 200 before this change and now look at gametracker. It is now dominated by official servers because they get all the new players. If there were 32 slot official servers they would also be in the top 20.

http://www.gametracker.com/search/tf2/?query=srcds&searchipp=50.

There was another situation like this long before quickplay where community servers were put in a custom tab. Thankfully someone at Valve came to their senses and removed it. I hope there is someone still working on TF2 with the good sense to remove official servers by default as well.