I can tell you about the status of community servers regarding quickplay - it's really sad to see it in the state as it is now. I lost my interest to TF2 back in january or so due to this quickplay change and i'm _this close_ to lose my interest completely. I feel abandoned as a person who rans servers for free and doesn't tease the players with any crap and propably i'm not alone. I can spend the 152€ a month to something quite else instead of doing what i do now.

Current status has gone from normal to bad. As a company, it really would suck to lose people like me who have been around nearly 10 years, helping your games to grow by hosting servers and providing players a place to stay, enjoy the game and on the side have a good feeling about the thing i do.

Don't prove everyone right that it's better way to throw money at servers and host everything yourself. Because that is the way Valve is right now going for, isn't it? It will help on short term but not for long term, and Valve games tend to have lifespan of years but i doubht that with current rate there will be too many communities left if you don't support them in any way.

Thanks.

-ics

Jason Tango kirjoitti:
Dear TF2 team,

Would it be possible for you to communicate a status as to if/when the quickplay changes you made four months ago will be reverted to allow all community servers to be included in quickplay again by default?

Fletcher Dunn had stated when this change was made that it would be temporary, yet four months later as community server after community server dies out, we've had zero communication on the subject from the TF2 team.

Why are you no longer talking to server operators?

Please, guys - communicate to the server community that has supported the game for so many years. If this is going to be the "default" quickplay configuration from now on, at least let us know so we can start shutting off servers as opposed to continuing to pay for hardware in the hopes that we'll be treated fairly again. We're hanging on here and financially supporting servers in the hopes that we'll be able to fill them again someday soon, but if there's no more hope left for us, at least let us know.

Thank you.

- JT

P.S. If I could express to you the extreme sense of hopelessness you are imposing on the good communities that have built themselves around TF2, I would. We love this game, and we see the "culture" that so attracted us to it for all these years slipping away. Please consider the harm you're doing to the "good" communities out there but effectively diverting half of the player traffic away from even finding us. Spending years building a community only to have the rug pulled out from under us has depressed some of our members so much that they've walked away from the game all together. These are long-term TF2 players who - if they can't play on the community servers they helped build - are not going to play anymore at all.