I think the policy either needs to be enforced, or abandoned completely. In
the current state the policy only affects those server operators that have
the honor to follow it. This is not news to anyone, but it is a bit
disconcerting to read a policy, understand its meaning, follow it, and then
watch as others violate it without consequence. Sure I can sleep at night
knowing I did right by Valve but that doesn't keep my servers filled.