>> For example, if you want to have a server with 24 human players, and one
>> reserved secret slot for yourself, you will set maxplayers to 24 and
>> visiblemaxplayers to 25
>Isn't it the other way round?
>maxplayers 25
>sv_visiblemaxplayers 24

>As Willy Wonka once said: "Strike that.  Reverse it."

And by that, I mean --- reverse what *I* said.  What you said was right, and
what I wrote in my first post was incorrect.

Setting sv_visiblemaxplayers > maxplayers I believe is illegal, as it is
advertising to players that there are more slots available than there really
are, which would cause them to join a server and then get rejected.