Oops.  Fixed.  I mean we have good performance investigation tools on
**windows**.

-----Original Message-----
From: hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Fletcher Dunn
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2013 4:22 PM
To: hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlds] [hlds_linux] FPS issues on Steampipe

Are all of these problems peculiar to Linux?

Has anybody tried using the engine's vprof tools (i.e. vprof_dump_spikes) to
investigate where the time is going?

If anybody is having these problems on **WINDOWS**, we have some really
powerful tools we can use to capture performance data and track down issues
like this.  The process to get setup is a bit involved and requires installing
some software on the server.  If anybody is having performance problems of any
kind and is willing to do a little work to investigate them, send me an email
and I'll get you setup.