Arg!  It's not hobo.

I just created a vanilla Rails app (rails app, cd app, script/server),
and it's experiencing the same hang-for-a-minute problem every time I
hit the front page.  No idea why.  My test apps were working fine
until I installed hobo and created a hobo app, but clearly, hobo can't
be responsible if I'm now seeing the same behavior on vanilla apps.

So sorry to bother you.  Now I have to try to rack my brain and figure
out what I could have done yesterday that caused this behavior to
emerge.

-ofer

On Sep 3, 7:27 pm, odigity <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hey, brand new user here.  I'm walking though the POD tutorial (http://
> hobocentral.net/pod-tutorial/).  I installed the hobo gem, created a
> hobo app called pod, and ran script/generate hobo_migration.  That's
> where I encountered the first hiccup.  It looked like it did
> everything it was supposed to, but the end of the output looked like
> this:
>
> -- create_table(:users)
>    -> 0.0179s
> ==  HoboMigration1: migrated (0.0182s)
> ========================================
>
> rake aborted!
> undefined method `reenable' for <Rake::Task db:schema:dump =>
> [environment]>:Rake::Task
>
> (See full trace by running task with --trace)
>
> I ignored it, and ran script/server, then hit the website in Firefox.
> That's where I hit a real obstacle.  Every time I load the page, the
> browser sits there hanging for a minute or so before finally deciding
> it's done and displaying the page.  This is on a brand new personal
> linux server running nothing else.  Also, I was playing with basic
> rails apps immediately before (I'm a rails noob as well), and basic
> rails was running fine.
>
> Any ideas?
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to