From: homenet [mailto:homenet-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Daniel Migault
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2017 2:37 PM
To: Michael Richardson <m...@sandelman.ca>
Cc: homenet@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [homenet] The HOMENET WG has placed
draft-tldm-simple-homenet-naming in state "Call For Adoption By WG Issued"

Hi,
I apology for the late response (I was off for two weeks). I will update the
draft by the end of the month integrating numerous feed backs we received.
As a co-author I am supporting the adoption of this document architecture. I
believe that given the current situation regarding homenet and naming, the
simple but useful scope of the draft will help the WG to move forward regarding
naming and home network. I agree the document is not yet in a final version and
feed back from the WG will be very helpful. That said I think, since last IETF,
we have a pretty good view on where we are going.
Yours,
Daniel

On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 10:07 AM, Michael Richardson
<m...@sandelman.ca<mailto:m...@sandelman.ca>> wrote:
Ted Lemon <mel...@fugue.com<mailto:mel...@fugue.com>> wrote:
    > to put the CFA on hold pending that update. There have been some good
    > comments already, though; in particular, I think Juliusz' point that it
    > would
    > be nice to actually try some of this in practice is good, and is what
    > I'm

We require interoperable implementations for Internet Standard, not to adopt
a document.  Implementation reports would be good for WGLC, not here!
We need to lower the bar here, not raise it.  WGs can abandon documents too.

    > That said, what I said in the working group is that we've been spinning
    > our wheels on this for several years, and I wanted to know if the scope
    > of this is reasonable and is what the working group wants to take
    > on. If it's not,
    > then I don't actually know how to proceed.

I think that it's the right approach, and given the sort out of the MVDP,
I support adoption.

]     m...@sandelman.ca<mailto:m...@sandelman.ca>
http://www.sandelman.ca/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.sandelman.ca_&d=DwMFaQ&c=LFYZ-o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=LoGzhC-8sc8SY8Tq4vrfog&m=uqhdpfAOITKstE9n1m2cqWQBfUB6RU0LRDtqMC8ibzQ&s=8qZL6PGc43SeZeVi0APewz7FaTVpftHNpf-yOcYDyOo&e=>