Hi,

> On 30 Jul 2017, at 18:19, Michael Richardson <mcr+i...@sandelman.ca> wrote:
>
> I have read homenet-naming.
>
> It wasn't quite the document I was expecting.
> But rather seems to leverage upon a number of other draft-sctl* documents in
> progress.
>
> What are the plans for draft-sctl-*?

I don’t think they’re cited in this draft. Many of them are over in the dnssd
WG.

See Stuart’s deck from Prague for context:
https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/99/slides/slides-99-dnssd-dns-sd-update-and-new-work-items-00.pdf

> and then there is draft-ietf-mid-mpvd-ndp-support as a normative reference.
> Will homenet will to adopt that too?
>
> So it seems that I have to read the other documents in detail before I can
> make any clear opinion as to how this all fits together.
> (I think I've missed the last two homenet WG meetings due to conflicts; I
> should watch them on meetecho recording to learn more I guess)

It turned out that only 4 people had time to read them for Prague.

The interesting twist is the pushback on multicast for future specs.

I agree it’s early for an adoption call, likewise for the draft-sctl-* drafts
in dnssd.

Tim