I am working on rectifying some more of the white AMS maps, but if I
recall correctly, even the ones that cover liberia are basically
blank.  I do not know of any other sources that are free of copyright
for the area.

You can see the map layer and which maps have yet to be rectified here:

http://mapwarper.net/layers/150

Note that when new maps come online you might have to right click in
josm and do the 'flush tile cache' before they will show up for you.

For the ones that you are not sure of, even just getting a fixme tag
on them and leaving them where they are is an improvement.  They tend
to be within a mile or two of their correct position anyway so just
having them in the DB for nominatim is already a step forward.

- -AndrewBuck