of Grande-Anse, over the communes of Abricots, Dame-Marie, Chambellan,
Moron, Anse d'Hainault and Grande Anse, located in the most affected areas
by Hurricane Matthew (UNOSAT impact zone 1, with winds over 120 km/h) with job
#64 <http://taches.francophonelibre.org/project/64>, continuing our
systematic, consolidated effort over the hills (called mornes in Haiti).

We hold an agile SOTM today here at Université Alassane Ouattara and will
have a team of crisis mapping during the whole day to show students and
people what it is. No newcomer will be invited to map on Haiti from Bouaké
but invited to become a local mapper, raise his skills and join later when
experienced enough.

I hope this message is read by the HOT US coordination team, especially
Dale Kunce:

October 8 6:30 PM UTC I communicated about job #39
<http://taches.francophonelibre.org/project/39> about pre-disaster mapping
over Jeremie. On October 12, when our mapping is almost done on Central
Jeremie, we figure out people are mapping on the area, due to a HOT US job
#2228 <http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/2228> created by Dale Kunce. We
stopped and quickly detected all the mistakes done by very recent mappers.

October 12 11:40 AM UTC I communicated on the hot list including regarding job
#45 <http://taches.francophonelibre.org/project/45> about mapping Jeremie’s
hinterland. Later this day, HOT US job #2224
<http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/2224> covering an area slightly smaller
inside the one I made was created by Dale Kunce... As if there was no other
places to be mapped in Haiti...

So far, we created 7 jobs over Haiti, I communicated about them and they
are all on the http://taches.francophonelibre.org frontpage, so it is not a
big deal just to check them.

@Dale I think HOT US created a curriculum to raise skills to become Crisis
activators, I would advise you to read it one day when you have a bit of
time. If ever it does not mention to read and communicate in the hot list
during an activation, I would suggest to add it into the documentation. As
an incorporated company, HOT US may have its own internal tools to organize
its mapping, but the minimum is to communicate a bit on the hot list with
the OSM community, who is the holder of this list (as everything with @

If you now create a new job covering job #45
<http://taches.francophonelibre.org/project/45#task/61>, I may try next
time to create a job in the middle of the water, just to see if you jump on

HOT mailing list