Hi Mad et al.,

It's important we implement changes for a reason and not just because it
feels like the right thing to do. Just putting in a redirect will not
prevent tools like SSLstrip from taking the http connection and
manipulating the clients into thinking that they are on the HTTPS site
when in fact they are on the attackers site in clear text.

To combat that we would need to implement HTTP Strict Transport Security
(HSTS). https://https.cio.gov/hsts/ "HSTS exists to remove the need for
the common, insecure practice of redirecting users from http:// to
https:// URLs."

They go on to say that "In the long term, as the web transitions fully to
HTTPS and browsers can start phasing out plain HTTP and defaulting to
HTTPS, the HSTS preload list (and HSTS itself) may eventually become
unnecessary."

So is there still value in doing this now ? We know all the browsers
support a redirect but do all the podcatcher clients ?

Again I would appreciate thoughts on this topic, especially from the
security peeps out there.

Ken.