Okay, it looks like LevMar (the Levenburg-Marquardt (sp) library) is what's
looking for LAPACK.  It uses the preprocesser define 'HAVE_LAPACK' to
indicate that it is available.

If you look in 'lm.h' the code specifically UN-defines HAVE_LAPACK so even
if you were to define it, this line would defeat your define (very odd
choice).  So, perhaps this might be doing it.  You just need to go into lm.h
and comment out line 23.

Of course, this by itself won't fix the problem.  You need to find LAPACK on
the drive and provide the library paths and header paths to cmake but it
sounds like you have that going already.  If you can find them then you just
need to add -DHAVE_LAPACK to the compiler flags for the libhuginlevmar.a
target and comment out that line in lm.h.

Hope that helps.
Seth

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 8:27 AM, Seth Berrier <[email protected]>wrote:

> I'll take a look.  No idea if I can help but it sounds like something I
> might be able to figure out.
>
> Seth
>
>
> On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 1:45 AM, Harry van der Wolf <[email protected]>wrote:
>
>> Lapack is simply not correctly detected in hugin (actually in levmar). I
>> dug a little deeper and the routines to correctly detect BLAS and Lapack are
>> simply not there. Lapack and BLAS are available via the Accelerate framework
>> and via the vecLib framework on MacOSx. To maintain compatibility they are
>> even linked to in /usr/lib.
>> To test I also built hugin on Ubuntu with lapack (BLAS) installed (libs
>> and dev) and also there it is not detected.
>> I already tried to implement the FindBLAS.cmake and FindLapack.cmake
>> modules to detect it correctly but can't make it work (yet?). I know I'm on
>> the correct route but I simply lack the programming skills to make it a
>> success. I'm a builder, not a programmer.
>>
>> The warnings you get when compiling via cmake is what everyone gets on
>> every platform (as far as I can tell now). I can only say that all my builds
>> are also always using LU instead of Lapack/BLAS.
>> I will try to get it working but if I can't get it to work very soon, I
>> will simply file a bug and hope a programmer can take a look.
>>
>> Harry
>>
>>
>>
>> 2009/4/15 RickyRicky <[email protected]>
>>
>>
>>> Hello Harry,
>>>
>>> No, I do not have vigra or jhead installed as a part of MacPorts...
>>>
>>> BigDaddy:Application meleschi$ port installed | grep -i vigra
>>> BigDaddy:Application meleschi$ port installed | grep -i jhead
>>>
>>> Thanks...  Anything else I can check?
>>>
>>> Ricardo
>>>
>>> On Apr 13, 1:29 pm, Harry van der Wolf <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> > Hi Ricardo,
>>> >
>>> > Did you install vigra and/or jhead via MacPorts for some reason? If you
>>> did,
>>> > please deactivate them (sudo port deactivate vigra; sudo port
>>> deactivate
>>> > jhead) and reconfigure and recompile Hugin.
>>> > If the configure script finds vigra "outside"  hugin it will use that
>>> one.
>>> >
>>> > You can find installed packages by running "port installed" or "port
>>> > installed | grep <package>".
>>> > The deactivate command will not uninstall the packages. It will only
>>> remove
>>> > them from the install libraries. If you want them back you can simply
>>> use
>>> > "sudo port activate <package>".
>>> >
>>> > Hoi,
>>> > Harry
>>> >
>>> > 2009/4/13 RickyRicky <[email protected]>
>>>  >
>>> >
>>> >
>>> > > Hey Seth,
>>> >
>>> > > Thanks for the tip on running Hugin from the command line.  I did so,
>>> > > and here are the lines before the big crash.  I hope someone can
>>> > > recognize my problem!:
>>> >
>>> > > Determining placement of the images: 53%
>>> > > Number of images 2
>>> > > Hugin(77452,0xa06cd830) malloc: *** error for object 0x2a2c200:
>>> double
>>> > > free
>>> > > *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
>>> > > Optimizing Variables
>>> > > Strategy 1
>>> > > Average (rms) distance between Controlpoints
>>> > > after 0 iteration(s):          801.152704448697 units
>>> > > Strategy 1
>>> > > Average (rms) distance between Controlpoints
>>> > > after 1 iteration(s):          801.019725960169 units
>>> >
>>> > > Optimizing Variables
>>> > > Strategy 2
>>> > > Average (rms) distance between Controlpoints
>>> > > after 0 iteration(s):          57.1154776303789 units
>>> > > Strategy 2
>>> > > Average (rms) distance between Controlpoints
>>> > > after 1 iteration(s):          56.9698889445181 units
>>> > > Strategy 2
>>> > > Average (rms) distance between Controlpoints
>>> > > after 2 iteration(s):          8.60724772529945 units
>>> > > Strategy 2
>>> > > Average (rms) distance between Controlpoints
>>> > > after 3 iteration(s):          7.72758159217231 units
>>> > > Strategy 2
>>> > > Average (rms) distance between Controlpoints
>>> > > after 4 iteration(s):          6.58494386005708 units
>>> > > Strategy 2
>>> > > Average (rms) distance between Controlpoints
>>> > > after 5 iteration(s):          5.40204786941155 units
>>> > > Strategy 2
>>> > > Average (rms) distance between Controlpoints
>>> > > after 6 iteration(s):          3.79597859019421 units
>>> > > Strategy 2
>>> > > Average (rms) distance between Controlpoints
>>> > > after 7 iteration(s):          1.66872838105291 units
>>> > > Strategy 2
>>> > > Average (rms) distance between Controlpoints
>>> > > after 8 iteration(s):         0.479946564550839 units
>>> > > Strategy 2
>>> > > Average (rms) distance between Controlpoints
>>> > > after 9 iteration(s):         0.479481987047642 units
>>> > > Strategy 2
>>> > > Average (rms) distance between Controlpoints
>>> > > after 10 iteration(s):         0.479481986986529 units
>>> >
>>> > > Bus error
>>> >
>>> > > Thanks,
>>> > > Ricardo Meleschi
>>> >
>>> > > On Apr 13, 10:58 am, Seth Berrier <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> > > > Hmm, well I got this compiler problem while compiling on my MacBook
>>> > > > (incidentally, I didn't think 10.5 would run on powerpc arch
>>> anymore,
>>> > > glad
>>> > > > to know).  However, I ignored the error message and things still
>>> seem to
>>> > > > work okay for me.  The Hugin.app and all the supporting
>>> applications are
>>> > > > built and installed correctly.  I had to monkey with the path
>>> setting a
>>> > > > little bit.  For that, you can check out this
>>> > > > thread<
>>> > >
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx/browse_thread/thread/3efbca4..
>>> .>.
>>> > > > However, the path problem will come up when you do auto control
>>> point
>>> > > > detection or with the final stitch as this is when external
>>> programs are
>>> > > > used.  I don't think this woulod cause problems at position
>>> optimization.
>>> >
>>> > > > My best advice would be to run hugin from the terminal shell (just
>>> run
>>> > > <path
>>> > > > to hugin.app>/Hugin.app/Contents/MacOS/Hugin)  You might get more
>>> > > messages
>>> > > > from the terminal output.
>>> >
>>> > > > Seth
>>> >
>>> > > > On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 9:34 AM, RickyRicky <[email protected]>
>>> wrote:
>>> >
>>> > > > > Gents,
>>> >
>>> > > > > I've been working on compiling Hugin these last few days and have
>>> > > > > succeeded in getting it compiled, but for some reason whenever I
>>> run
>>> > > > > Hugin and attempt to align images, hugin always crashes when
>>> > > > > determining placement of the image, after Celeste is run.  I
>>> don't see
>>> > > > > a log file being generated anywhere.  I'm not too familiar with
>>> Hugin
>>> > > > > so I may be looking in the wrong places.
>>> >
>>> > > > > When I review my compile log, I see I was having problems with
>>> LAPACK:
>>> > > > > -----------
>>> > > > > [  3%] Building CXX object
>>> src/foreign/jhead/CMakeFiles/huginjhead.dir/
>>> > > > > exif.o
>>> > > > > In file included from
>>> /Users/meleschi/src/hugin/src/foreign/levmar/
>>> > > > > misc.c:42:
>>> > > > > /Users/meleschi/src/hugin/src/foreign/levmar/misc_core.c:562:2:
>>> > > > > warning: #warning LAPACK not available, LU will be used for
>>> matrix
>>> > > > > inversion when computing the covariance; this might be unstable
>>> at
>>> > > > > times
>>> > > > > In file included from
>>> /Users/meleschi/src/hugin/src/foreign/levmar/
>>> > > > > misc.c:57:
>>> > > > > /Users/meleschi/src/hugin/src/foreign/levmar/misc_core.c:562:2:
>>> > > > > warning: #warning LAPACK not available, LU will be used for
>>> matrix
>>> > > > > inversion when computing the covariance; this might be unstable
>>> at
>>> > > > > times
>>> > > > > [  3%] Building C object
>>> src/foreign/levmar/CMakeFiles/huginlevmar.dir/
>>> > > > > lmlec.o
>>> > > > > /Users/meleschi/src/hugin/src/foreign/levmar/lmlec.c:39:2:
>>> warning:
>>> > > > > #warning Linearly constrained optimization requires LAPACK and
>>> was not
>>> > > > > compiled!
>>> > > > > -------------
>>> >
>>> > > > > I've searched on the above problem but haven't found exact
>>> > > > > instructions as to how to resolve it.  The closest I've found is
>>> this:
>>> > > > > -----
>>> > > > > I had the same problem with Xcode with OS 10.5. In OS 10.5 LAPACK
>>> is
>>> > > > > part of the Accelerate framework.
>>> > > > > I put this into the project options
>>> > > > > OTHER_LDFLAGS = "-framework Accelerate"
>>> > > > > I'm not sure if this is the correct syntax but it did get rid of
>>> the
>>> > > > > LAPACK warnings.
>>> > > > > ----
>>> >
>>> > > > > Where exactly do I put the OTHER_LDFLAG option?  I've tried
>>> multiple
>>> > > > > places with no joy.
>>> >
>>> > > > > I'm running 12 GB of ram on a Dual 2 GHz PowerPC G5 with OSX
>>> 10.5.6
>>> > > > > fully patched.
>>> >
>>> > > > > The svn revision is 3784.  I did follow the instructions on
>>> > > > >http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_Compiling_OSX.
>>> >
>>> > > > > Here's the info on the ports I have installed...
>>> >
>>> > > > > BigDaddy:Application meleschi$ sudo port info boost tiff jpeg
>>> libpng
>>> > > > > wxWidgets subversion openexr exiv2 glew
>>> > > > > boost @1.38.0 (devel)
>>> > > > > Variants:    darwin, darwin_9, debug, docs, graphml, icu,
>>> openmpi,
>>> > > > > python24, python25, python26, st
>>> >
>>> > > > > --
>>> > > > > tiff @3.8.2, Revision 3 (graphics)
>>> > > > > Variants:    macosx, universal
>>> >
>>> > > > > --
>>> > > > > jpeg @6b, Revision 3 (graphics)
>>> > > > > Variants:    universal
>>> >
>>> > > > > --
>>> > > > > libpng @1.2.35 (graphics)
>>> > > > > Variants:    universal
>>> >
>>> > > > > --
>>> > > > > wxWidgets @2.8.10 (graphics, devel)
>>> > > > > Variants:    debug, nonmonolithic, universal
>>> >
>>> > > > > --
>>> > > > > subversion @1.6.1 (devel)
>>> > > > > Variants:    bash_completion, darwin_7, disable_keychain,
>>> > > > > mac_os_x_server_mod_dav_svn, mod_dav_svn, no_bdb, no_neon, tools,
>>> > > > > unicode_path
>>> >
>>> > > > > --
>>> > > > > openexr @1.6.1, Revision 1 (graphics)
>>> > > > > Variants:    universal
>>> >
>>> > > > > --
>>> > > > > exiv2 @0.18.1 (graphics)
>>> > > > > Variants:    universal
>>> >
>>> > > > > --
>>> > > > > glew @1.5.1, Revision 1 (graphics, devel)
>>> > > > > Variants:    universal
>>> >
>>> > > > > Thanks for any help!
>>> > > > > Ricardo
>>> >
>>> > > > --
>>> > > > [email protected]
>>> > > > Graduate Research Assistant
>>> > > > University of Minnesota
>>> > > > Digital Technology Center
>>>
>>
>>
>> >>
>>
>
>
> --
> [email protected]
>
> Graduate Research Assistant
> University of Minnesota
> Digital Technology Center
>
>


-- 
[email protected]
Graduate Research Assistant
University of Minnesota
Digital Technology Center

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"hugin and other free panoramic software" group.
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: 
http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to