Hi Seth,

thanks for looking into it.

However, your statement that lm.h undefines it, is not correct.
the line is:

#undef HAVE_LAPACK // uncomment this to force not using LAPACK

As soon as you remove the # it will be an undef statement. Currently it is
only a remark, so currently it will use lapack provided it can be found.

Hoi,
Harry


2009/4/16 Seth Berrier <[email protected]>

> Okay, it looks like LevMar (the Levenburg-Marquardt (sp) library) is what's
> looking for LAPACK.  It uses the preprocesser define 'HAVE_LAPACK' to
> indicate that it is available.
>
> If you look in 'lm.h' the code specifically UN-defines HAVE_LAPACK so even
> if you were to define it, this line would defeat your define (very odd
> choice).  So, perhaps this might be doing it.  You just need to go into lm.h
> and comment out line 23.
>
> Of course, this by itself won't fix the problem.  You need to find LAPACK
> on the drive and provide the library paths and header paths to cmake but it
> sounds like you have that going already.  If you can find them then you just
> need to add -DHAVE_LAPACK to the compiler flags for the libhuginlevmar.a
> target and comment out that line in lm.h.
>
> Hope that helps.
> Seth
>
>
> On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 8:27 AM, Seth Berrier <[email protected]>wrote:
>
>> I'll take a look.  No idea if I can help but it sounds like something I
>> might be able to figure out.
>>
>> Seth
>>
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 1:45 AM, Harry van der Wolf <[email protected]>wrote:
>>
>>> Lapack is simply not correctly detected in hugin (actually in levmar). I
>>> dug a little deeper and the routines to correctly detect BLAS and Lapack are
>>> simply not there. Lapack and BLAS are available via the Accelerate framework
>>> and via the vecLib framework on MacOSx. To maintain compatibility they are
>>> even linked to in /usr/lib.
>>> To test I also built hugin on Ubuntu with lapack (BLAS) installed (libs
>>> and dev) and also there it is not detected.
>>> I already tried to implement the FindBLAS.cmake and FindLapack.cmake
>>> modules to detect it correctly but can't make it work (yet?). I know I'm on
>>> the correct route but I simply lack the programming skills to make it a
>>> success. I'm a builder, not a programmer.
>>>
>>> The warnings you get when compiling via cmake is what everyone gets on
>>> every platform (as far as I can tell now). I can only say that all my builds
>>> are also always using LU instead of Lapack/BLAS.
>>> I will try to get it working but if I can't get it to work very soon, I
>>> will simply file a bug and hope a programmer can take a look.
>>>
>>> Harry
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> 2009/4/15 RickyRicky <[email protected]>
>>>
>>>
>>>> Hello Harry,
>>>>
>>>> No, I do not have vigra or jhead installed as a part of MacPorts...
>>>>
>>>> BigDaddy:Application meleschi$ port installed | grep -i vigra
>>>> BigDaddy:Application meleschi$ port installed | grep -i jhead
>>>>
>>>> Thanks...  Anything else I can check?
>>>>
>>>> Ricardo
>>>>
>>>> On Apr 13, 1:29 pm, Harry van der Wolf <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>> > Hi Ricardo,
>>>> >
>>>> > Did you install vigra and/or jhead via MacPorts for some reason? If
>>>> you did,
>>>> > please deactivate them (sudo port deactivate vigra; sudo port
>>>> deactivate
>>>> > jhead) and reconfigure and recompile Hugin.
>>>> > If the configure script finds vigra "outside"  hugin it will use that
>>>> one.
>>>> >
>>>> > You can find installed packages by running "port installed" or "port
>>>> > installed | grep <package>".
>>>> > The deactivate command will not uninstall the packages. It will only
>>>> remove
>>>> > them from the install libraries. If you want them back you can simply
>>>> use
>>>> > "sudo port activate <package>".
>>>> >
>>>> > Hoi,
>>>> > Harry
>>>> >
>>>> > 2009/4/13 RickyRicky <[email protected]>
>>>>  >
>>>> >
>>>> >
>>>> > > Hey Seth,
>>>> >
>>>> > > Thanks for the tip on running Hugin from the command line.  I did
>>>> so,
>>>> > > and here are the lines before the big crash.  I hope someone can
>>>> > > recognize my problem!:
>>>> >
>>>> > > Determining placement of the images: 53%
>>>> > > Number of images 2
>>>> > > Hugin(77452,0xa06cd830) malloc: *** error for object 0x2a2c200:
>>>> double
>>>> > > free
>>>> > > *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
>>>> > > Optimizing Variables
>>>> > > Strategy 1
>>>> > > Average (rms) distance between Controlpoints
>>>> > > after 0 iteration(s):          801.152704448697 units
>>>> > > Strategy 1
>>>> > > Average (rms) distance between Controlpoints
>>>> > > after 1 iteration(s):          801.019725960169 units
>>>> >
>>>> > > Optimizing Variables
>>>> > > Strategy 2
>>>> > > Average (rms) distance between Controlpoints
>>>> > > after 0 iteration(s):          57.1154776303789 units
>>>> > > Strategy 2
>>>> > > Average (rms) distance between Controlpoints
>>>> > > after 1 iteration(s):          56.9698889445181 units
>>>> > > Strategy 2
>>>> > > Average (rms) distance between Controlpoints
>>>> > > after 2 iteration(s):          8.60724772529945 units
>>>> > > Strategy 2
>>>> > > Average (rms) distance between Controlpoints
>>>> > > after 3 iteration(s):          7.72758159217231 units
>>>> > > Strategy 2
>>>> > > Average (rms) distance between Controlpoints
>>>> > > after 4 iteration(s):          6.58494386005708 units
>>>> > > Strategy 2
>>>> > > Average (rms) distance between Controlpoints
>>>> > > after 5 iteration(s):          5.40204786941155 units
>>>> > > Strategy 2
>>>> > > Average (rms) distance between Controlpoints
>>>> > > after 6 iteration(s):          3.79597859019421 units
>>>> > > Strategy 2
>>>> > > Average (rms) distance between Controlpoints
>>>> > > after 7 iteration(s):          1.66872838105291 units
>>>> > > Strategy 2
>>>> > > Average (rms) distance between Controlpoints
>>>> > > after 8 iteration(s):         0.479946564550839 units
>>>> > > Strategy 2
>>>> > > Average (rms) distance between Controlpoints
>>>> > > after 9 iteration(s):         0.479481987047642 units
>>>> > > Strategy 2
>>>> > > Average (rms) distance between Controlpoints
>>>> > > after 10 iteration(s):         0.479481986986529 units
>>>> >
>>>> > > Bus error
>>>> >
>>>> > > Thanks,
>>>> > > Ricardo Meleschi
>>>> >
>>>> > > On Apr 13, 10:58 am, Seth Berrier <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>> > > > Hmm, well I got this compiler problem while compiling on my
>>>> MacBook
>>>> > > > (incidentally, I didn't think 10.5 would run on powerpc arch
>>>> anymore,
>>>> > > glad
>>>> > > > to know).  However, I ignored the error message and things still
>>>> seem to
>>>> > > > work okay for me.  The Hugin.app and all the supporting
>>>> applications are
>>>> > > > built and installed correctly.  I had to monkey with the path
>>>> setting a
>>>> > > > little bit.  For that, you can check out this
>>>> > > > thread<
>>>> > >
>>>> http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx/browse_thread/thread/3efbca4..
>>>> .>.
>>>> > > > However, the path problem will come up when you do auto control
>>>> point
>>>> > > > detection or with the final stitch as this is when external
>>>> programs are
>>>> > > > used.  I don't think this woulod cause problems at position
>>>> optimization.
>>>> >
>>>> > > > My best advice would be to run hugin from the terminal shell (just
>>>> run
>>>> > > <path
>>>> > > > to hugin.app>/Hugin.app/Contents/MacOS/Hugin)  You might get more
>>>> > > messages
>>>> > > > from the terminal output.
>>>> >
>>>> > > > Seth
>>>> >
>>>> > > > On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 9:34 AM, RickyRicky <[email protected]>
>>>> wrote:
>>>> >
>>>> > > > > Gents,
>>>> >
>>>> > > > > I've been working on compiling Hugin these last few days and
>>>> have
>>>> > > > > succeeded in getting it compiled, but for some reason whenever I
>>>> run
>>>> > > > > Hugin and attempt to align images, hugin always crashes when
>>>> > > > > determining placement of the image, after Celeste is run.  I
>>>> don't see
>>>> > > > > a log file being generated anywhere.  I'm not too familiar with
>>>> Hugin
>>>> > > > > so I may be looking in the wrong places.
>>>> >
>>>> > > > > When I review my compile log, I see I was having problems with
>>>> LAPACK:
>>>> > > > > -----------
>>>> > > > > [  3%] Building CXX object
>>>> src/foreign/jhead/CMakeFiles/huginjhead.dir/
>>>> > > > > exif.o
>>>> > > > > In file included from
>>>> /Users/meleschi/src/hugin/src/foreign/levmar/
>>>> > > > > misc.c:42:
>>>> > > > > /Users/meleschi/src/hugin/src/foreign/levmar/misc_core.c:562:2:
>>>> > > > > warning: #warning LAPACK not available, LU will be used for
>>>> matrix
>>>> > > > > inversion when computing the covariance; this might be unstable
>>>> at
>>>> > > > > times
>>>> > > > > In file included from
>>>> /Users/meleschi/src/hugin/src/foreign/levmar/
>>>> > > > > misc.c:57:
>>>> > > > > /Users/meleschi/src/hugin/src/foreign/levmar/misc_core.c:562:2:
>>>> > > > > warning: #warning LAPACK not available, LU will be used for
>>>> matrix
>>>> > > > > inversion when computing the covariance; this might be unstable
>>>> at
>>>> > > > > times
>>>> > > > > [  3%] Building C object
>>>> src/foreign/levmar/CMakeFiles/huginlevmar.dir/
>>>> > > > > lmlec.o
>>>> > > > > /Users/meleschi/src/hugin/src/foreign/levmar/lmlec.c:39:2:
>>>> warning:
>>>> > > > > #warning Linearly constrained optimization requires LAPACK and
>>>> was not
>>>> > > > > compiled!
>>>> > > > > -------------
>>>> >
>>>> > > > > I've searched on the above problem but haven't found exact
>>>> > > > > instructions as to how to resolve it.  The closest I've found is
>>>> this:
>>>> > > > > -----
>>>> > > > > I had the same problem with Xcode with OS 10.5. In OS 10.5
>>>> LAPACK is
>>>> > > > > part of the Accelerate framework.
>>>> > > > > I put this into the project options
>>>> > > > > OTHER_LDFLAGS = "-framework Accelerate"
>>>> > > > > I'm not sure if this is the correct syntax but it did get rid of
>>>> the
>>>> > > > > LAPACK warnings.
>>>> > > > > ----
>>>> >
>>>> > > > > Where exactly do I put the OTHER_LDFLAG option?  I've tried
>>>> multiple
>>>> > > > > places with no joy.
>>>> >
>>>> > > > > I'm running 12 GB of ram on a Dual 2 GHz PowerPC G5 with OSX
>>>> 10.5.6
>>>> > > > > fully patched.
>>>> >
>>>> > > > > The svn revision is 3784.  I did follow the instructions on
>>>> > > > >http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_Compiling_OSX.
>>>> >
>>>> > > > > Here's the info on the ports I have installed...
>>>> >
>>>> > > > > BigDaddy:Application meleschi$ sudo port info boost tiff jpeg
>>>> libpng
>>>> > > > > wxWidgets subversion openexr exiv2 glew
>>>> > > > > boost @1.38.0 (devel)
>>>> > > > > Variants:    darwin, darwin_9, debug, docs, graphml, icu,
>>>> openmpi,
>>>> > > > > python24, python25, python26, st
>>>> >
>>>> > > > > --
>>>> > > > > tiff @3.8.2, Revision 3 (graphics)
>>>> > > > > Variants:    macosx, universal
>>>> >
>>>> > > > > --
>>>> > > > > jpeg @6b, Revision 3 (graphics)
>>>> > > > > Variants:    universal
>>>> >
>>>> > > > > --
>>>> > > > > libpng @1.2.35 (graphics)
>>>> > > > > Variants:    universal
>>>> >
>>>> > > > > --
>>>> > > > > wxWidgets @2.8.10 (graphics, devel)
>>>> > > > > Variants:    debug, nonmonolithic, universal
>>>> >
>>>> > > > > --
>>>> > > > > subversion @1.6.1 (devel)
>>>> > > > > Variants:    bash_completion, darwin_7, disable_keychain,
>>>> > > > > mac_os_x_server_mod_dav_svn, mod_dav_svn, no_bdb, no_neon,
>>>> tools,
>>>> > > > > unicode_path
>>>> >
>>>> > > > > --
>>>> > > > > openexr @1.6.1, Revision 1 (graphics)
>>>> > > > > Variants:    universal
>>>> >
>>>> > > > > --
>>>> > > > > exiv2 @0.18.1 (graphics)
>>>> > > > > Variants:    universal
>>>> >
>>>> > > > > --
>>>> > > > > glew @1.5.1, Revision 1 (graphics, devel)
>>>> > > > > Variants:    universal
>>>> >
>>>> > > > > Thanks for any help!
>>>> > > > > Ricardo
>>>> >
>>>> > > > --
>>>> > > > [email protected]
>>>> > > > Graduate Research Assistant
>>>> > > > University of Minnesota
>>>> > > > Digital Technology Center
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> [email protected]
>>
>> Graduate Research Assistant
>> University of Minnesota
>> Digital Technology Center
>>
>>
>
>
> --
> [email protected]
> Graduate Research Assistant
> University of Minnesota
> Digital Technology Center
>
>
> >
>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"hugin and other free panoramic software" group.
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: 
http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to