On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 04:29:59AM -0700, grow wrote:
> 
> Harry, Bruno,
> 
> I have now experimented a bit more with this stitch.
> Using the preview panel I removed various images and exposure-stack
> image-triples in turn and re-ran the stitch over and over ...  It kept
> crashing at what looks like the same place UNTIL I removed a
> particular triple of images.  When I put them back in it crashes
> again.

OK. that's a bug.... 

> Now I have looked closely at those three images.  Each has an Alpha-
> channel mask that was created from a "feathered" selection so I think
> the mask has shades of grey in it,  not just black ... is that a known
> problem?

... but having alpha masks not being full-on or full-off doesn't make
sense. Enblend is intended to create a smooth transition from one image
to the next, and having curved "edges" is tricky enough. 

So when you simply want to paste the images together feathering the
transition is great, but if you want enblend to feather it for you,
you simply shouldn't use gradual alpha masks. 

But the bug remains: Enblend should either refuse to load these
images, or it should threshold the alpha mask to the binary values it
needs.

        Roger. 

P.S. Testing if I can post to the list this way... 

-- 
** [email protected] ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2600998 **
**    Delftechpark 26 2628 XH  Delft, The Netherlands. KVK: 27239233    **
*-- BitWizard writes Linux device drivers for any device you may have! --*
Q: It doesn't work. A: Look buddy, doesn't work is an ambiguous statement. 
Does it sit on the couch all day? Is it unemployed? Please be specific! 
Define 'it' and what it isn't doing. --------- Adapted from lxrbot FAQ

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"hugin and other free panoramic software" group.
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: 
http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to