Kornel Benko,

I have straced the program. All goes nicely for a while, untill all
of a sudden, it starts allocating 1Mb chunks. Then the kernel
says that this is no longer possible, and then it starts allocating
memory in a different way. This all goes nicely, until the total
amount of allocated memory exceeds the amount of adressing
space. Then the kernel starts refusing the second type of
allocations, and the program gives. up.

George, Harry,

I have now also tried the same on my new laptop: A system I
installed in 64-bit mode from the beginning. Now it allocates
some 12Gb in one way, before switching to the other method,
and then some more Mbs or Gbs are allocated before that
too runs out.

The first method I talk about is "mmap (... )", and the other
way is: brk (); This is all "malloc internals" that we need not
concern ourselves with ...  enblend simply goes crazy and
simply allocates memory until VM runs out.

Roger.

On Apr 25, 7:35 pm, grow <[email protected]> wrote:
> I removed all the Alpha Channel masks and the stitch went to a
> successful conclusion .... bringing us back to the original point that
> the problem lay with the Alpha Channel.

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"hugin and other free panoramic software" group.
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: 
http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to