I guess we can adjust many parallax problem by hand on any image editor
like GIMP, PS or lightroom. If you know how to use some selection tools,
copy, paste, rotate, clone and healing you can adjust many hard parallax
problems that can happend on a moving scene or in a hand held shot
panorama. I almost always do some kind of final correction on my panos, as
I want to try to make them as perfect as I can. Sometimes it is a very hard
job. On this panorama, for example, I have spent about 10 hours of editing
to fix all parallax errors:

http://cartola.org/360/en/2011/06/01/bruno-at-village-rio-verdes-pool/

I didn't use a tripod and this was one of my first experience on fixing
parallax errors like this.

I sweart I tried to record a short movie from the screen here, fixing the
parallax common problems, but after a long time and after 5 tries I got
angry and gave it up... I did it many times before, but the tool is failing
now, I don't know why... I'll try another day...

Cheers,

Carlos E G Carvalho (Cartola)
http://cartola.org/360



2011/11/4 kfj <[email protected]>

> On 4 Nov., 06:07, JohnPW <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > I have some images I recently took handheld on a small yacht sailing
> > in San Francisco Bay. I had to put all the control points on
> > stationary parts of the boat since anything else was in constant
> > motion. It has made me want to do more hand blending and masking to
> > make the (very mismatched) horizon less jarring and to fix a few
> > things on the boat that moved. I was considering how best to do it.
>
> Forgive my slightly off-topic reply, but here it is anyway:
>
> When I was a student, I attempted a project to analyze some (real-
> world, messy, processed...) animal feed raw materials by way of an
> image analysis system. This was in the eighties: I had a (nice :-)
> video microscope and a 512X512 monochrome frame grabber in an AT
> compatible computer. I showed the images I was working on to the prof
> who was reading computer vision at my uni. He looked at them and told
> me my problem was 'ill-posed'. I was a bit miffed at the time, but as
> my project proceeded I had no choice but eventually to come to the
> same conclusion.
>
> If the scene isn't static, you'll have a very hard time 'stitching' it
> together: it's like trying to make a garment from wrongly-cut pieces
> of material. I'd say the problem is ill-posed. What you need isn't a
> panorama stitcher but an optical system that captures all the moving
> bits in one go.
>
> Yet I'm curious to hear a few good tips on fixing the horizon
> 'manually', even though I usually manage to get the horizon right,
> sacrificing precision elsewhere in the stitch.
>
> Kay
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Hugin and other free panoramic software" group.
> A list of frequently asked questions is available at:
> http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected]
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Hugin and other free panoramic software" group.
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: 
http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx

Reply via email to