I suppose the first thing I should do is get a pano head so I have
less work to do in the first place. But I tend to mostly do handheld.
Because most of my images have been only partial panoramas in the
past, this wasn't such a concern for me until recently.
Anyway, as I was saying, I'm most curious about how people are
approaching the setup for making their adjustments (probably an overly
basic question for most folks.)
PS
At 6-3 I barely make the standard for TCI.
Living in Taiwan for 2 years back in the 1980's, I really felt like a
giant!

On Nov 4, 7:58 am, Robert Krawitz <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Nov 2011 01:40:04 -0700 (PDT), kfj wrote:
> > If the scene isn't static, you'll have a very hard time 'stitching' it
> > together: it's like trying to make a garment from wrongly-cut pieces
> > of material. I'd say the problem is ill-posed. What you need isn't a
> > panorama stitcher but an optical system that captures all the moving
> > bits in one go.
>
> > Yet I'm curious to hear a few good tips on fixing the horizon
> > 'manually', even though I usually manage to get the horizon right,
> > sacrificing precision elsewhere in the stitch.
>
> It's mostly fairly basic stuff: cloning, occasionally cut and paste.
> I generally prefer the clone tool, usually with a soft round brush of
> an appropriate size for the amount of correction I need to make.  I
> did everything I could think of, including lots of horizontal CPs, to
> try to clean up the horizon, but nothing completely worked.
>
> For the horizon correction in my Provincetown panorama, it was no more
> than a 5 pixel brush.  The error was only about 1 pixel, but that's
> enough to create a visible discontinuity in a sharp horizon.  But
> sometimes I have a much bigger error; there's also a panorama of
> balloons in Reno, where the balloons themselves moved between shots.
> I used brushes of 50 and 200 pixel diameter to fix those.  And there's
> another mountain panorama with our dog in the lower left corner; there
> was a crack in the rock that required a lot of work to fix (and some
> synthesized rock and sky in the corners).
>
> --
> Robert Krawitz                                     <[email protected]>
>
> Tall Clubs International  --  http://www.tall.org/or 1-888-IM-TALL-2
> Member of the League for Programming Freedom  --  http://ProgFree.org
> Project lead for Gutenprint   --    http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net
>
> "Linux doesn't dictate how I work, I dictate how Linux works."
> --Eric Crampton

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Hugin and other free panoramic software" group.
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: 
http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx

Reply via email to