Hi John,

it's not obvious, but you can do some things with masks. To add a new point
just activate the mask, clicking into it (not in any point) and then click
Ctrl+left mouse over some line. To remove a specific point, select it and
click del key. To zoom there is a combo box called Zoom with default value
of "Fix to windows" (not sure, mine is in Portuguese) where you can choose
some pre-defined values.

In fact I agree that those masks are note much precise and usually when I
need more precision I use remapped images into layers in GIMP.

Cheers,

Carlos E G Carvalho (Cartola)
http://cartola.org/360



2011/11/5 JohnPW <[email protected]>

> I should probably clarify this as now I look at it, it doesn't convey
> what I really wanted it too.
> First, the masking feature is great and I was quite happy to see it
> added. It works very well and I particularly like how it communicates
> how a mask on one layer effects overlapping areas on the other layers.
> A very clever solution.
> What I find a little frustrating is that the cursor, lines, and points
> are overly large for the task making it hard to see what you are
> doing. Also, although I may have missed it, I have not found a way to
> zoom in to work, nor have I found a way to add or remove points to the
> mask after it is created. It actually works very nicely in other
> respects.
> I hope nobody takes offense when I say something ignorant or incorrect
> about Hugin and the underlying tools. It's amazing software and I know
> I have only scratched the surface of its functions and features.
>
> On Nov 4, 5:42 pm, JohnPW <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On Nov 4, 5:11 pm, Bruno Postle <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > The primary tool is the Mask tab in Hugin.  You can render layers
> > > and try and blend them in an image editor but this is painful.
> >
> > Although I was super excited when a Masking feature was added to
> > Hugin, I felt the interface was somewhat lacking in subtlety and
> > control. I always feel like I would like to see where Hugin has
> > decided to put the blend seams and see if I agree. I On the other
> > hand, it has always worked better than I expected it would and I
> > appreciate the fact that it's easy to understand and straightforward
> > to use. Now that I have tried the technique I described, I appreciate
> > Hugin's implementation even more. It's hard to keep track of what's
> > going on in a regular image editor full of layers and masks.
> >
> > > You can also use the clone tool in an editor to fix missing areas,
> > > but I prefer to use a photo multiple times in a Hugin project with
> > > different masking to patch up larger areas like skies and ground.
> >
> > Now there's a great tip! I hadn't really thought of doing that.
> > (Although it seems like I've seen reference to doing something like
> > that in the website somewhere. I probably just didn't understand the
> > implications.)
> >
> > > To fix broken lines like 'steps' in the horizon, this technique
> > > still works:
> >
> > >http://wiki.panotools.org/Mending_parallax_errors_with_the_shear_tool
> >
> > I did read that article at some point.
> >
> > > --
> > > Bruno
> >
> > Thanks
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Hugin and other free panoramic software" group.
> A list of frequently asked questions is available at:
> http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected]
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Hugin and other free panoramic software" group.
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: 
http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx

Reply via email to