On 16 Nov., 09:25, JohnPW <[email protected]> wrote: > Ha! Just as I expected someone with a good knowledge of the subject > has responded as I wrote this.
:-) > ... > But I really think using a camera that can > take movies might be a good way to go (see below.) The idea being, the > more images you capture, the less of each one you use. Ideally you > would only end up using the very center most part of each image. Being > handy with scripting would help a lot here (I am definitely not!) This is really the idea of the line camera: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotating_line_camera Just a wild idea here: if I'm not mistaken, there are shutters which are made of a black piece of material with a slit, and the material is moved so that the slit moves over the sensor - okay, I checked myself, they are called focal plain shutters: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focal_plane_shutter now if you'd use such a device in a moving camera so that the slit was small, but the exposure was long (I'm not sure this can be done with these shutter as they come) you might end up with an image similar to what you'd get from a line camera. You might have to rotate the camera at the same time, or you might use a special lens that only shows a vertical strip anyway (cylindrical, I'd imagine?). Kay -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hugin and other free panoramic software" group. A list of frequently asked questions is available at: http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx
