On Sunday, 20 August 2023 at  6:34:23 -0400, Stanley Green wrote:
> If the link is still active, you can try to get the images directly:
>
> https://wetransfer.com/downloads/c5b1b40878f4f80c5b68af6a6767392b20230817102250/51d164ee951b6c084af7ed1d0d27730e20230817102250/2ee2fd

Thanks for that.

I'm confused.  A week ago I wrote:

On Tuesday, 15 August 2023 at 11:02:08 +1000, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:

> My suggestion: use the Align tab on the Fast Panorama Preview.

Specifically,

1. Load the files from the "Load Images" tab in the Fast Panorama
   Preview.
2. Select "Align" from the Fast Panorama Preview.
3. Select "Create Panorama" from the Fast Panorama Preview.

And that's all.

In a little more detail for this specific panorama:

     Hugin has image stacks detected in the added images and will
     assign corresponding stack numbers to the images.  Should the
     position of images in each stack be linked?

   That's incorrect.  There are no image stacks here, so you should
   answer No.  I've almost never seen this message, and I suspect it
   comes here because of the overlap between images.  30% should be
   enough.  This will give you fewer images and will greatly reduce
   the stitching time.

2. Aligning the images gave me an image with mean error 3.8 pixels,
   maximum 28.4.  Potentially you could improve on this with more
   attention to the position of the entrance pupil, but part of it
   will be due to the water, which doesn't stay the same from one
   image to the next.  You could tune the control points, but in this
   case I don't think you need to: I don't see any inconsistencies in
   the finished panorama.

3. "Create Panorama" offers you a choice of stitching options,
   defaulting to "exposure corrected, low dynamic range".  That's the
   one.

But that's all.  In particular, I don't understand the problems that
David W. Jones had, but then I don't understand the complexity either.
I also didn't see the colour discrepancies that he mentions.

So: the final image is at
http://www.lemis.com/grog/photos/Photos.php?dirdate=20230817
I have also put the .pto file at
http://www.lemis.com/grog/Day/20230817/GF_6-panels_-3-Rows-0-GF_6-panels_-3-Rows-17.pto
This will not be directly applicable, because I have removed the
spaces from the file names you provided.

Click on the image up to three times to increase the size up to the
original (about 113 MP).  Also let me know if you want this image
removed after we're done.

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.
Finger groog...@gmail.com for PGP public key.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/20230822002739.GE55746%40eureka.lemis.com.

  • Re: [hugin-ptx... 'Stanley Green' via hugin and other free panoramic software
    • Re: [hugi... 'Stanley Green' via hugin and other free panoramic software
      • Re: [... David W. Jones
        • R... 'Stanley Green' via hugin and other free panoramic software
          • ... David W. Jones
          • ... Greg 'groggy' Lehey
          • ... dgjohnston
          • ... Stanley Green