Greg, thanks for the additional information. The images in this set are well
suited to the quick run though using the Fast Pano Preview because of the
randomness of the rocks, trees, and water. It’s hard to detect any minor
discrepancies like one would with images of manmade structures. With those the
iterative process that David covered works well to get the best alignment.

I don’t know why David’s version of Hugin wasn’t able to find connections
between so many images. He used 2022.0 and I’m using 2022.1 (listed as
pre-release).

1. Another reason that Hugin might be coming up with the “image stacks” is the
difference in shutter speed of the images … they run from 1/125 s to 1/500 s
(but I don’t know what Hugin is basing its decision on).
Stanley … I’ve seen many suggestions that pano images be taken in manual mode
with the settings base on the brightest part of the image. Also, keeping the
white balance fixed might help the colour tinting that shows up.

2. After Align, I get a mean error of 5.5 pix with max 38.6.

I received the same colour tint issues that showed in David’s stitched image.
The top-right corner has a green tinge.

Don J.