We could build upon the existing FAQ page.  It would stay a static page
that we update with questions (and the solutions) that we get via a
dedicated email alias (eg questi...@hydrogen-music.com)
That way we have full control and we dont need to worry about spam or
updating webservers or frameworks.
Initially this would be more work, but we could get info from the old forum
(i assume it is still online but not directly accessible to the public ?)
and the amount of work will decrease as the FAQ page (or whatever you want
to call it) grows.

of course this approach is only an option for technical issues, not for
things like 'share your music' etc ...

follow me on my Audio & Linux blog <http://audio-and-linux.blogspot.com/> !