Hi Przemek and all.

Le 2020-08-18 21:42, Przemysław Sitek a écrit :

First, great thanks to all translators! But this got me thinking.
Should we ship all translations? There’s great variance when it comes
to completion ratio. Maybe we should define some threshold required
for the translation to be shipped? >90% means there’s untranslated
text here and there, which is not a problem IMHO, but ~50% or less
means haphazard mix of translated and untranslated text which results
in poor user experience. Personally, I prefer untranslated (English)
UI rather than partially translated.

Good question.

Let's take the current polish translation state which is 37% translated given the last numbers I send to the list as an example.

You wrote above that you prefer untranslated (English) rather than a less-than-half-backed polish translation. I can understand that because I'm the same when I met a half-backed French translation software.

But in the other hand, we have to consider that we can think that way because we're able to understand English.
What about someone not able at all to read/understand English?
It sounds reasonnable to say that he's probably better if he can read at least one 37% of the GUI rather than 0%.

Another approach is to propose a GUI option to switch the language to any available language. It seems a better approach to me because it allow to cover different scenarii: - someone who prefers to read all in EN rather than a half-backed translation (because he's able to read English) - someone who prefers to read a half-backed translation (because he's totally unable to read English)

How does that sounds?

Do widzenia
Olivier

--