> Shmuel said
>, "Craddock, Chris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
> >All of the work that runs under the requestor's TCB is charged to the
> > requestor's TCB, but the work that is done in CAS by the CAS TCB is
> >charged to CAS
>
> Isn't that what I wrote?

It is probably what you meant, but not quite what you wrote, or
at least not how I parsed it;

> > No. The issuing TCB would be charged for time spent in the issuing
> TCB; it would not be charged for time spent in another address space
> unless there is enclave processing for the CAS.

Since I know you know all of this, I prefixed my remarks with
"Well yes, sorta." I just made two (slight) distinctions.

1. that work done by a TCB is charged to the TCB and its home address
space (or enclave) EVEN WHEN it runs in cross memory mode in another
address space. I count cross memory time as "time spent in another
address space."

2. EVEN IF the requesting TCB is joined to an enclave, resources
consumed on its behalf by another server TCB (such as those in CAS)
WILL NOT be charged to the requestor's TCB and enclave UNLESS the
server goes to the trouble of joining its worker task to the enclave
prior to commencing work on the requestors behalf and leaving the
enclave afterward.

CAS definitely doesn't do that. Some other server programs do.

CC