> Subject: Re: DFHSM BCDS is going l
> From: af dc <acbi...@gmail.com>

> Subject: Re: DFHSM BCDS is going larger

> however, I now did a HSEND  WAIT EXPIREBV DISPLAY SYSOUT(J)  and it's
> generating a lot of records. At this time, job is still running and the
> backup log has 28.761 lines.

you could selectively expire your backup versions adding STARTKEY and ENDKEY to
the EXPIREBV command:

EXPIREBV DISPLAY|EXECUTE STARTKEY(ABC)  ENDKEY(DEF)  SYSOUT(H)

Expiring a smaller number of datasets would reduce dramatically the elapsed time
of EXPIREBV.

> Is it possible that the EXPIREBV  EXECUTE is not working at all after giving
> above errors ??

I don't think so, but I would ask IBM.

Walter Marguccio
z/OS Systems Programmer