Antonio,

At this point, you may wish to open an ETR to IBM to identify why your files
are growing so quickly.  I would not think it should grow that fast unless
there is a lot of backup functions running.

How many volumes/datasets do you do HSM backup for?  It maybe that 4320
Cylinders is insufficient for your DFHSM Backups.

We do not do many.  We have daily full volume dumps for our critical
system/application files.  We typically use DFHSM backups for TSO and Roscoe
pools.  Not much else.

I am not sure if there is a rule of thumb as to what makes good candidate
volumes for backup.  Maybe others might have a suggestion.

Lizette