On Sun, 30 Oct 2011 10:57:33 -0700, Scott Ford wrote:

>Yep, I know that I have never heard of STP, I dont use STP on z/OS ,
>no real need. I have used the NTPD on various Unix platforms.

STP is Server Time Protocol.  It replaced the function of the 9037
Sysplex Timer, and IIRC it became available on the z9.  There is a real
need if you are running a parallel sysplex.  STP use SNTP to synchronize
to an NTP server, but AFAIK, NTP does not provide sufficient resolution
to synchronize the TOD clocks in a parallel sysplex.

--
Tom Marchant