From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Lizette Koehler
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2011 3:18 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: STP and Time Change

We just implmeneted (it is only a couple of days old) the STP on our z10s.

We have an application dependent on LOCAL time.  So when the clock changes on
Nov 6, we think this application will see 1am twice and have problems.

So, is this correct, that if we do not use an IPL the STP will adjust the
mainframe at 2am to 1am?  In which case my bad application will see the 1am
hour again.

If so, then I think our only option would be to shutdown the LPARs at 1am
(12:59) and then when it is the time, IPL so that 1am is only seen once by this
application.  The application itself cannot be down for 1 hour. POLITICS.

Anybody have any other thoughts or comments?

Thanks

Lizette

lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search the archives at
http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html