On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 8:43 AM, Paul Gilmartin <paulgboul...@aim.com> wrote:

> I can imagine an operating rule that deems that application so
> critical that it can be shut down only when it is necessary to shut
> down the LPARs for service, as silly as it sounds to me.  I suppose
> this might even be enforced by autoops.
>
> Security rule?  SLA?
>
> -- gil

If an application cannot afford the 1 hour downtime a year for the
Daylight Savings Time to change to Standard Time (Summer Time to
Winter Time), then the application needs to be written to handle this
overlap.

I. E., rename VSAM ESDS log dataset and start a new dataset at the
time change, etc, or run on Standard time year round, or run on GMT
year round.
--
Mike A Schwab, Springfield IL USA