On Mar 13, 2006, at 12:18 PM, John Eells wrote:

John Eells wrote:

> HOLDDATA has indeed been around for quite a while (and a big improvement
it was over EXCLUDE lists, too).
However, Enhanced HOLDDATA, which includes HOLDs for HIPERs, has not been around for 20 years. In fact, the pre-GA pilot progam wasn't even 20 years ago (more like 12). Without digging through notes and such, my best guess is that Enhanced HOLDDATA will have something close to its 10th birthday this year.

I should have mentioned, though, that SMARTMVS, on which Enhanced HOLDDATA was built, was around well before that. (SMARTMVS, including some SMP/E extensions, was available through your friendly IBM SE at the time. I'm reliably told that it dated from 1984-ish.)

--

John,

A key point that everyone seems to be missing is that SE's (and they like) have essentially disappeared in the late 80's and early 90's. There is no longer a way that IBM can reach out to inform the "community" of good information. IBM did it to themselves when they got rid of SE's.

Ed