Does anyone know of any companies that can convert mainframe tapes to
DVDs or CDs?  As many of you know, our mainframe is going out the door
at the end of April.  All of the historical data and otherwise tape
data will then in essence be unreadable by us.  All of our tapes are
currently 3490-E model tapes.  We are looking for a company who can
read the data on a 3490E drive and convert it to ASCII and write it on
a DVD or CD, or just FTP it to us.  This would be on an as needed
basis, and may or may not be a lot of data.

You can reply to me or the group, or call me.

Thanks,

Eric Bielefeld
Sr. Systems Programmer
P&H Mining Equipment