In a message dated 3/31/2006 5:28:50 P.M. Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>I am sympathetic to the original poster whose management allowed  their
>JES2 expertise to disappear.
Their management also decided/allowed years earlier for JES2 exits to be
written and be made part of production systems in the first place.  Exits  for
almost any software product by nature will be dependent on that product's
internals (sort exits and SMF exits quickly come to mind as exceptions).
Internals change a lot more frequently than externals.  I wonder if their
management
also required those JES2 exits to be thoroughly documented by their
developers "just in case" and what management required those exit developers
to do
during their last week of employment.

Why does this remind me of management's deciding to allow a one-byte  field
to store the year number in the 1960s and then being "surprised" when  Y2K was
only a few months away?

Bill  Fairchild