>but do you really expect them to work for free? I don't.

>>Hello?
>>They are changing the way things are done.
>>Then charging you to 'fix' it?

>>I still think that's wrong.

I don't see this as charging to "fix" something.  This is a case of
where a customer created code that they can apparently no longer
support.  There was no requirement to code an exit in the first place.
When the expertise is lost, it is NOT wrong for IBM to charge for such
expertise.  As for "changing the way things are done"?   Well ... That's
the name of the game isn't it.  When a new version or new hardware comes
out, you certainly can't complain about not being able to exploit it
because your organization lacks the expertise.  The expertise can be
obtained, however it is presumptious to assume that someone should be
able to migrate to new software or hardware, yet somehow the vendor is
responsible for making it all painless or free.

Anyway .. My two cents

Adam