Just a curiousity on my part, but I wonder how aging and lack of use
might contribute to a tape "snapping". How much data is lost if a 3592J
tape snaps. We've not had this happen, yet. But we did have a 3590E
tape, containing backstored VTS tape data, snap on us. Even IBM could
not recover it. All data lost. Another plea from me to duplex our
backstore ignored due to cost. <shrug>

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its
content is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this transmission, or taking any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.