I was recently looking at my rules for subsystem type STC and the look as
follows:
  ____  1  TN         GRS      ___             NO         TRANSACTION
  ____  1  TN         CATALOG  ___             NO         TRANSACTION
  ____  1  TNG        ONLPRD   ___             NO         REGION
  ____  1  TNG        ONLTST   ___             NO         REGION
  ____  1  TNG        DBPROD   ___             NO         TRANSACTION
  ____  1  TNG        DBTEST   ___             NO         TRANSACTION
  ____  1  SPM        SYSSTC   ___             NO         TRANSACTION
  ____  1  SPM        SYSTEM   ___             NO         TRANSACTION
  ____  1  TNG        STC3270  ___             NO         REGION
  ____  1  TNG        STCHI    ___             NO         REGION
  ____  1  TNG        STCMD    ___             NO         REGION
  ____  1  TNG        SERVERS  ___             NO         TRANSACTION
  ____  1  TNG        MONITORS ___             NO         TRANSACTION
  ____  1  TNG        WEBPROD  ___             NO         REGION
  ____  1  TNG        WEBTEST  ___             NO         REGION

 I had never used F11 and found there was a field Manage Region Using Goals of.
The only STCs I know of that we use Transaction Goals is for CICS (SERVERS).
I'm curious is TRANSACTION the default?  Should I change the rest of these to
REGION?  For example DBPROD contains our production DB2 regions which I expect
to be managed with region goals but its set to Transaction and I do have a
default defined in the DB2 subsystem type as Cheryl Watson has in her sample:
 Action    Type       Name     Start                Service     Report
                                          DEFAULTS: NEWWORK     RDB2

The JES2 SUBSYSTEM type is also TRANSACTION?  Just curious of I should have all
of these set to REGION except CICS or if there is a reason to leave TRANSACTION
for some of these like JES2.  WLM clueless.  Thanks for the help!