Steve,

>From information I have seen, the expected accuracy of mainframes TOD
clock is around .86 seconds per day. The spec on the 9037 ( without ETS )
seems to be much better than that, around .17 seconds per day.  It seems
that a mainframe that doesn't have a 9037 might see a drift of their TOD clock
of as much as 25 seconds per month, yet they are still 'within spec'.  If one
was to experience a mainframe TOD clock drift ( current supported machines,
not 3090s, ES/9000s, etc ) of something much larger than that, I recommend
you place a call with IBM Hardware support.

HTH

Glenn Miller