On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 12:55:38 -0500, Ed Gould
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 I am mixed (as I have said in
>the past about serverpac) about servpacs on one hand they do the job
>but at the other its a dumbing down of the sysprog, IMO. I expect to
>hear a lot of noise because I am criticizing IBM again but what else
>is new.
>Ed

As I heard it, Corporate Executives, not system programmers, told IBM they
needed the software installation simplified. ServerPac is the answer. It is
dumbing down the field. You did mention looking at the apply, well here I am
again stating if the newer people are not looking at the JCL, they are
submitting they are certainly not looking at the output. Until it fails. As
long as
it works, submit and max return code 0 are all they believe they need to
know. Sadly, I know a few people with years of experience who can not do
much more than this. I have my own issues with Serverpac and post
installation dialogs.