>>> On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at  1:30 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Wayne Driscoll
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Jim,
> I would think that you would be better off having a z/VM LPAR with a number
> of guests from which you can IPL z/OS, rather than having a z/OS LPAR for the
> OS students to play with.  This configuration will allow for IPLing z/OS
> without requiring access to the HMC (either direct or remote).  Just a
> thought.

Ah, a man after my own heart.  Note, however, that since one of the engines is
an IFL, there will need to be at least 2 LPARs, since you can't mix CPs and
IFLs.  Even so, sharing all those resources under z/VM will make life a lot
easier for everyone.  And I love being able to IPL systems from my desk, and
have the console right there in front of me.

Mark Post