On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 09:01:06 -0400, Mark Jacobs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>Most likely due to the old proclib being in a different physical
>location on the volume or even on a new volume than the newly allocated
>dataset.

Yes.

>If you have an alternate jes2 proclib concatenation defined you
>can force a reopen of the proclib concatenation by submitting a job with
>a jobparm requesting that alternate proclib concatenation which should
>force a close of the primary concatenation and an open of the
>concatenation that you requested.

That "trick" won't work for this situation.  Since the extents are know already,
it would only works if the proclib was allocated in the exact same place
it originally existed (doubtful).  That was what we would do when someone
needed to compress a JES2 JCL defined proclib and we weren't about to
IPL.  See the archives for plenty more on that subject.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]