On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 09:31:51 -0400, Lizette Koehler
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Depending on your level of JES2 you may want to look at using PROCLIB
>statements in JES2 rather than coding DD statements.  Or have the users
>start using JCLLIBs.

I hope they are running at least z/OS 1.2 by now!     But I agree that it
should be done to help recover from a problem like this or prevent it
entirely by using JCLLIB.

RACF (or other) should be used to protect JES2 defined proclibs (either
dynamic or JCL defined) by only allowing ALTER authority to a select
few who understand that JES2 proclibs aren't ENQed.   If shop standards
or politics won't allow that, then I have seen shops define the proclibs to
an arbitrary long running STC with DISP=SHR so they would get ENQed.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]