that has been posted to bit.listserv.ibm-main as well.

st...@trainersfriend.com (Steve Comstock) writes:
> That's the other windmill I'm tilting at these days:
> the benefits of insourcing - using local people for
> local work. Working to once again build trust and
> loyalty in the workplace, acknowledging that the
> workplace of the 21st century is different from the
> workplace of the 20th century.

one of the big internet refrains has been telecommuting ... and by
implication, lots of work becoming distance insensitive.

i've repeatedly claimed that the trust issue was significantly affected
by the Y2K issue ... there was big spike in demand for resources as part
of Y2K remediation ... which happened to occur at the same time as the
internet bubble. the result was lots of employers were forced to go
overseas for resources for their Y2K remediation efforts (internet
bubble having sucked up nearly every spare resource with promises of
enormous equity wealth). The "trust" established as part of Y2K
remediation greatly accelerated subsequent outsourcing in this decade.

--
40+yrs virtualization experience (since Jan68), online at home since Mar1970