The arguments that Timothy Sipples makes against Paul Gilmartin's

<begin extract>
Of course, "turn on" implies commiting the CPU (micro)cycles to peform
the encryption
</end extract>

are, in their way, persuasive; but there is another, non-economic
argument that is even more persuasive to some IT managements: you are
exposing not just your company but your own jobs to grave danger.
Heads roll after each of these security-breach fiascos, and one of
them may be yours.

John Gilmore, Ashland, MA 01721 - USA