On Wed, 22 Aug 2012 04:57:25 +0100, CM Poncelet wrote:

>IBM have recognized that 99% of users are computer illiterate, but have
>99% of the money. So they are following Microsoft's 'lead' and,
>step-by-step, implementing Windoze for mainframes.

And this, were it to happen, would be entirely a Bad Thing because ...?

I love Google's query completion.  As soon as I've typed 3 characters in
the text box, it presents me with a dropdown menu of a handful of
plausible completions (all wrong).  A few more keystrokes and it shows
me the one I want, among others, not only on Windows, but likewise on
OS X and Linux.  This is not a bad thing.  And it would be a good thing
(disputed only by laudator temporis acti ©) if ISPF were to do similarly
on every panel which allows a data set name to be typed.  I suspect
Dave S. can explain to us why this is unlikely to happen soon if ever.

And spelling correction.  I like the way Google presents me an option;
I detest the way Firefox makes the correction, willy-nilly.  It could be
done well.

-- gil