Coincidentally, it's about 20 years since the upgrade I got bit on. Much of the
blood, sweat etc that Skip describes happened in those 20 years.

I agree with both Skip and Ed that SMP/E will do all the checking for you. Last
time I did this, I still did the iterative runs of check until I got a zero,
but I run the check as part of the order from network process. Whenever I
decide to actually APPLY, I already have the clean exclude list.

Unfortunately, I have probably run my last APPLY here. So, I can't say for sure
if I would follow Skip's adive next time :(