With all due respect, anyone who has difficulty coding JCL COND=
statements should consider *not* working with IBM mainframe systems.

All boolean conditional execution steps can be handled using only COND=
statements. I submitted a paper on this & it was published in
"Computing" in 1989. I would but cannot attach it, as uploading PDF
files to this discussion list is not permitted.

No sysprog worth his salt has ever had a problem with coding JCL COND=
statements.

Likewise IF/THEN statements belong in "JCL for dummies" - as do symbols
in JCL and SYSIN. Ditto IF/THEN <etc.> in assembler.

Chris Poncelet (r)

.