Mike,
IMHO you talk about EAV in DS8000, but not about EAV.
EAV Volume (*) can be up to ~1TB big, but chunk size of 1113 cylinders is for DS8000 family, AFAIK.

Space above 65520 cyl. is called EAS and from z/OS point of view the smallest chunk is 21 cylinders. So, you can allocate 1 track dataset on "lower part" of EAV, but in EAS the smallest space occupied by dataset is 21 cylinders.

(*) I'm sorry for the pleonasm. It's like ATM machine.

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
(looking for new job)