Others have mentioned a number of resources. One of the best resources for
details are the IBM Redbooks for Z.

For a high-level summary of functions and features for different generations of
z Systems, if can you still get these are the S/390 Reference Guides (I
authored these during the period 1995-2005).

The Ref Guides were superseded by the IBM Z Functional Matrix (version 1,
co-authored by myself):

https://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/redp5157.html?Open
[https://www.redbooks.ibm.com/images/thumbs/redp-5157-05_x2.jpg]<https://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/redp5157.html?Open>
IBM Z Functional Matrix | IBM
Redbooks<https://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/redp5157.html?Open>
This IBM® Redpaper™ publication provides a list of features and functions that
are supported on IBM Z, including the IBM z15™ (z15) - Machine type 8561, IBM
z14™ (z14) - Machine types 3906 and 3907,
www.redbooks.ibm.com
Just to get to grips with the new z alphabet soup (acronyms) I would start with
the Functional Matrix:-)

Regards

Parwez Hamid​