From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Steve Estle
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2021 6:42 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Best catch up resources for MVS / ZOS Technologies

Hello Everyone in Mainframe Land,

I've been out of the mainframe world since about 2001, but spent the prior 20
years immersed in that world working with everything from MVS/370 to MVS/ESA
and VM, performance and capacity planning disciplines across a variety of
situations in the IT Services and consulting spaces.  I, am, now as a "IT
Infrastructure Engineer- IBM z/OS Mainframe Engineer" after nearly 20 years of
other activities (Project Mgmt, entrepreneur, etc) am about to potentially come
back into a new mainframe role and I need to catch up as quickly as possible.
Any suggestions on ways to fill in the gaps for ZOS, ZVM, hardware,
performance, etc?  Bottom line I'm looking for that gap education to as quickly
as possible get up to speed with changes in platforms since 2001.  If prefer to
call - all my info is below.