Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this.
It is interesting. Since CICS can have 100s of regions and each region may
have a unique load address, it is almost impossible to set SLIP
IF(Instruction Fetch) automatically across the regions. I understand it is
not advisable or may not be often required to set SLIPs in all the regions.
But still it is interesting why IBM CICS has decided to not support SLIP
PVTMOD/EP.  Probably performance(updating control blocks) and storage at
play.

On Wed, Feb 23, 2022 at 2:41 PM Binyamin Dissen <bdis...@dissensoftware.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Feb 2022 09:16:59 -0400 Peter Relson <rel...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>
> :>I would hope that CICS provides a way for a customer to "learn" the
> :>address range for a particular CICS-managed private-area module which in
> :>turn would be what you'd have to use in order to set a SLIP trap to
> :>monitor it.
>
> It does.
>
> CECI LOAD HOLD (so that the address is fixed)
>
> Then an INQ will tell you where it is.
>
> --
> Binyamin Dissen <bdis...@dissensoftware.com>
> http://www.dissensoftware.com
>
> Director, Dissen Software, Bar & Grill - Israel

Best Regards
*Venkat*