From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Steve Smith [sasd...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2022 11:36 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: BPXBATCH and PGM invocation

I just ran a test.  PARM='PGM /bin/bpxmtext 0594003D'  works.  stdout has:
BPXFVLKP 04/27/18

JRDirNotFound: A directory in the pathname was not found

Action: One of the directories specified was not found.  Verify that the
name
specified is spelled correctly.

And PARM='PGM ''/bin/bpxmtext 0594003D''' produces a WTO:
+BPXM047I BPXBATCH FAILED BECAUSE SPAWN (BPX1SPN) OF  809
 '/bin/bpxmtext FAILED WITH RETURN CODE
 00000081 REASON CODE 0594003D.

For whatever reason, it didn't feel like writing that to stderr.

Apologies for using the most confusing example possible, but it's also  the
most relevant.

sas